Fake 740N Peacoat
Watch this Post

Hi,

I've just bought a classical 740N Peacoat, a very clean second hand. But when I've compared labels stitched on, I've never found the same on other jackets. The jacket feel heavy, well stitched, the cut is the same than other. But not the labels.

So, fake or not ? Could you give me an advice on this ?

Thanks for your answer.

Gail on 10/09/12 at 02:38 PM

The main label does appear to our label. We also have the USA Flag label with no size in our inventory of labels. We have made the peacaot styles for orders requesting sometimes special labeling such as on this jacket. In the pocket should be white ticket with the style number and bar code number. Gail

largo on 10/12/12 at 05:47 AM

Thanks Gail.

Unfortunatly, there is no tags in pockets, sewn or printed. Pockets are made of a white cotton, and I've not found traces of torn label.

I really think I've been abused. It's probably not made in USA, and probably not a real Schott. On internet, I've kept digging to find the same tags: nowhere the same.

Gail on 10/12/12 at 07:28 AM

I do not think you have been abused, the jacket does appear to be ours. Based on the white kasha pocketing it is an older jacket . The pocket ticket would just be a small tyvek label which can easily be torn out of the pocket.  I believe the jacket is ours, yet you feel it may not be. I can  only tell you to be 100% sure about any purchase you need to purchased new and not from Ebay. Jackets on Ebay no longer have hangtags and all the original labeling. It is a used jacket and things can be different on older or special production lots. If you like the jacket, it is in good condition and the price was right enjoy your purchase. Gail

largo on 10/12/12 at 07:52 AM

Thank you Gail.

So, I will proudly wear this jacket as a collector. If it's a vintage jacket, it's in perfect state of wear.

Let's have a warm winter !

Thanks again.