Dating my 118
Watch this Post
Hi, I want to know about dating my 118 Pertfecto.... I don't mean buying it flowers and taking it to a movie! In the front flip/coin/lighter pocket there's a small tab that says: LOT 1192 BNDL 004 Does this mean my jacket was made in in Nov 1992?? Cheers
Gail on 02/25/13 at 10:36 AM

The lot #1192 does not mean Nov. 1992, the lot number was the production number of the style in the factory when being made. If there is no bar code on this white ticket then all I can confirm is that is was produced prior to 1992 when we started to use bar codes in jackets. If the style number 118 is not on this ticket it could be your jacket is a 618 or another style depending on the main label in the jacket. Gail

Jagboy on 02/25/13 at 10:46 AM
Thanks Gail. There is no bar code that I can see.... On the same label I mentioned in my original post it does also say 118 and 42... The main label is the modern one (as far as i know) with the motorcyle in the top left corner, Perfecto in brown on yellow and "by Schott NYC" bottom right. There are no golf balls, there is a snap in the collar and there is a "Crafted With Pride In USA" lable in the right hand of the jacket.... I'm not after an exact date but if you can get closer than pre 92 i'd appreciate it! Thanks again
Gail on 02/25/13 at 11:35 AM

Based on the label with the cycle rider I can put the jacket between the mid-1980's when we started to use this label and 1992. Gail

Jagboy on 02/25/13 at 11:49 AM
Thanks Gail, That's close enough for me!