740 Peacoat Question
Watch this Post
I have just purchased a new Schott 740N Naval Peacoat here in London. My question is, are the buttons meant to be stitched through the slash pockets? I can't get my hands in the slash pockets as the front button thread stitching goes right through them to the inside lining. I thought maybe it was like the pockets of new suits that are stitched shut, and I need to unpick this thread. But I thought that maybe I should consult the good people of Schott - and it's forums first. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. KK
kingkerouac on 09/30/13 at 08:04 AM
Maybe I didn't make myself clear. The buttons on the front of the jacket are fixed through the slash pockets and onto the interior lining. So when I put my hands in the slash pockets they are blocked by this thread and I can barely get a finger in. This occurs with the 2 pairs of buttons directly in line with the slash pockets. Is this normal?
Gail on 09/30/13 at 08:27 AM

I did re-read your post and realized That you were referring to the front closure buttons on the jacket. I have forwarded your post onto our designer for his input on how this can happen. What size is this jacket? Gail

kingkerouac on 09/30/13 at 08:40 AM
Hi Gail. It's a 38. Bought from Stuarts in London on Saturday. Regards KK
Gail on 09/30/13 at 09:53 AM

I personally went and checked our stock and while you might feel the buttons at the bottom of the pockets on the smaller size jackets, the buttons are not sewn through the pocket lining. I was able to pull the pockets completely out of the jacket. It appears the pockets on the jacket you purchased somehow got caught when sewing on the buttons. I can only suggest you return the jacket to the retailer and request he re-sew the buttons on the jacket for you so they are not sewn through the pocket, or request an exchange of the jacket. We can only apologize for the inconvenience, but sometimes sewing errors do happen. Gail

kingkerouac on 09/30/13 at 10:10 AM
Thanks Gail. I will do that. Regards KK