689 Horse Hide Definitive Sizing Guide
Watch this Post
First things first, buy this jacket...it's amazing. There is a lot of subtlety to purchasing a jacket of this cut. Schott recommends sizing up one size from your regular suit jacket. I'd like to fill in some detail on that logic for the future buyers of this jacket. First off, my size. I'm 6'1" 200lbs solid. I lift a lot of weights and have broad shoulders. I also am 27 years old, so I want my jackets nice and trim for that modern look. After checking the measurements of the 689 in size 42 and 44 I was pretty certain that the 42 was the trim fit I was looking for. As it turns out, Schott was back ordered on the 42 for 6-8 weeks. So being impatient as I am, I ordered the 44. The jacket fits great. For someone my size, if you order the 42, it is going to be really tight on you. The 44 is a really timeless cut, nice and trim, but not style blogger trim. If you want to look like you came out of the pages of GQ magazine, then the 42 would achieve that,, but I wouldn't recommend it. Sizing up will give you a truly timeless fitted look, size up like Schott recommends.