684sm liner compatibility between sizes
Watch this Post

Hi, I've found an almost new 684sm, unfortunately without liner and collar.
I know they are not available as spare, so maybe I can search an used 684 with a good liner and collar.
My question, maybe silly, is... Only a size 40 liner/collar can fit on a size 40 684SM or also the 38 (or 42) can fit?
The liner are all different from size to size?

Gail on 07/16/13 at 07:54 AM

Unfortunately the process of getting a replacement liner is not as easy as it may seem. Each replacement liner must be customized to the jacket to make sure the zippers are compatible. As a result, we do not keep any additional stock of liners, as different style number jackets and jacket sizes have different size zippers. Through the years we have used several types of zippers and three vendors, zipper sides must be matched so the zipper will zip. We have also had pattern adjustment changes on our jackets, through the years of manufacturing. The only way we can replace a liner is if the jacket is returned to us to have a liner made. The cost of a new liner to be made is $80.00 plus $10.00 for return shipping and handling. Collars must match the size of the jacket so the collar will fit and snaps will match on the jacket for attachment. The cost of a new collar is $90.00. We do not accept jacket for repair or replacement liners outside the Continental US. If you wish to send the jacket to us please contact Jerri in our customer service for shipping instructions and payment. Gail 

Email: Jerri@schottnyc.com

Melvin on 07/16/13 at 08:19 AM

Thanks Gail but I'm from Italy...
So I can only take the collar from another 40..just to save "the exterior appearance".

Gail on 07/16/13 at 09:09 AM

On international jackets we can make the collar in the jacket size but we cannot guarantee the fit. For the liner we would send you the zipper side for the jacket. You would have to have a local tailor change the side of the zipper in the jacket so it would match the liner zipper. Gail

Melvin on 07/16/13 at 02:29 PM

Thanks Gail, that's a great solution.

I think that could be my next spending!