654- black cherry
Watch this Post

I got a 654 in black cherry and the color or wax is starting to come off from wear.  What is the best leather treatment to keep that glossy/shiney look? 

Gail on 12/03/12 at 09:09 AM

We actually recommend nothing to be put on the jacket. If you feel you need to put something on the leather, we would only recommend Saddle Soap for a light cleaning or Mink Oil to keep the leather moist and conditioned. I can only recommend the following care.

I do caution, these products may cause shading or cause the leather to darken, this is the reason we do not like to recommend a product for leather. Certain products can cause the leather to become stiff as they are coating the leather. Never use a protect that contains silicone or a water repellent product as this seals the leather. Leather needs to breath, these products will cause the leather to become dry and rot.  When applying any product to leather always test the product first on a none visibly area for any discoloration, shading, spotting or darkening of the leather. Never cover any leather jacket with plastic as the leather needs to breath. If the jacket becomes wet, wipe the jacket down removing the excess water and hang to air dry. In addition we recommend that the jacket be periodically professional clean and conditioned, this helps the leather from drying and the stitches and linings from deteriorating from dirt and sweat. All leather with wear will become more vintage in appearance and that is what leather is suppose to do. gail

onstar on 12/03/12 at 12:41 PM

what about some type of wax treatment?

onstar on 12/03/12 at 12:41 PM

what about some type of wax treatment?

Gail on 12/03/12 at 12:46 PM

I have listed what we recommend. I know of no wax treatments to recommend. Gail