585 in black!?
Watch this Post

Just a thought: I really like the styling of the 585. How many people would buy this jacket in black? Horsehide? Not distressed? I know I would!

Bunyip on 04/13/13 at 09:58 PM
I would love more horse hide offerings....a brown horse perfecto would be superb. I would dearly love a Schott d pocket in brown horse, would prob buy a black one too....brass hardware.....unreal.....even an option to add padded elbows and shoulders on the jackets.....the list is endless.....and yes, I would buy a black 585!
Bunyip on 04/13/13 at 09:59 PM
I would love more horse hide offerings....a brown horse perfecto would be superb. I would dearly love a Schott d pocket in brown horse, would prob buy a black one too....brass hardware.....unreal.....even an option to add padded elbows and shoulders on the jackets.....the list is endless.....and yes, I would buy a black 585!
troypennock on 04/14/13 at 09:52 PM
I have been very fortunate and able to purchase a 689h and 614hh. A medium to light brown 585hh would just about round things out.
Gail on 04/15/13 at 07:47 AM

In our 2013 collection we are going to offer the 585 in black. We currently have a small production lot in work which should be ready this summer for purchase. Once we have stock in the color black the color an option to purchase will be added to the style. Keep checking  our website for availbility, or you can call our customer service an place a order on the phone for the jacket in black.

In regards to the brown horsehide, we have in the past offered brown horsehide jackets and they did not meet our expectations for sales to warrent continuing the color. We do not discontinue any style or color if sales are good, the color brown was just not a popular color in the horsehide leather. To order any leather in a specific color you need to place a minimum order of several thousand feet, sales of maybe 25 jackets a year did not warrent the purchase of the minimum order. Gail 

Bunyip on 04/15/13 at 07:56 AM
Thats interesting Gail, thanks for that. Ive been scouring ebay etc for brown Schott gear, hard to find in larger sizes! Even the d pockets you do for legendary or the Japanese market would be awsome. In the meantime, Ive got several Schott peices, love them all! Keep up th great work.
TAT2MAN on 04/15/13 at 07:16 PM

Thanks Gail! Very interesting news. can you tell us? Will it be distressed also? Any chance of a 585HH? I will be keeping my eye out for what will be my next Schoott!

Gail on 04/16/13 at 08:35 AM

The black leather will have the same grain appearance as the brown. Though the leather will be processed for a vintage appearance it will not be as enhanced in appearance in the black color as it is in the brown. The 585 in horsehide could not be vintaged, so it would be very shiny and rigid until through age and wear it became a vintage looking jacket. The 585 in horsehide would have to be custom jacket and at this time we are unable to accept any new custom orders.

SchottsNewcomer on 05/19/13 at 03:24 AM
Wow, here I thought I was the only one who would like this model in black. Any other upcoming jackets or colors added to your collection this year?
Gail on 05/20/13 at 07:13 AM

We are always offering new styles and colors each year. As new jacket styles become a available they will be added to our website. We do not add styles to our website until we actually have stock to purchase. Gail