141 vs. 644 vs. 641HH
Watch this Post

I've been in search for a nice leather jacket for some time now.  I stumbled across Schott and this forum and I knew immediately this is what I was looking for. I'm really interested in the Cafe Racers, but I had a couple of questions about the subject styles.

It seems like all of these jackets are the same style, but different materials (naked cowhide, steerhide, horsehide).  What is the main difference in all of these leathers?  What are there advantages/disadvantages to the different types of leather?  It also looks like the 141 and 644 have zip out liners and the 641HH has a quilted lining.  Is this correct?  Are these jackets cut differently?  Which one is the original design the others are based off?

I know I have a lot of questions, but I want to make sure I get the right jacket.  I also ride motorcycles if that makes a difference in which one I should be looking at.

slimjim on 11/17/12 at 09:34 PM
I'm not so familiar with the 644 model, but I know that the 641 is basically a slim fitting version of 141, like 618 is a slim fitting version of 118. If you ride motorcycle, get yourself a 641HH & you'll thank yourself forever (you'll know what I'm talking about)! It just takes few dozen wears to break em in. Don't size up unless you have a big belly though. Get em right, get em tight!
Gail on 11/20/12 at 11:51 AM

All our motorcycle leathers are the same weight and thickness, so all provide the greastest protection for the rider. The naked cowhide has no finish, dull in appearance and a more pliable feel to the leather. The steerhide has a finish applied to the leather leather will have a slight shine and a more firmer hand. The horsehide has a very shiny finish and a very rigid/stiff hand to the leather.

The 641HH has a quilt lining, the 644 & 141 have zip out liners. The 641HH are based on the original patterns and are a smaller cut, you need to order once size larger. For the style 644 you also need to order one size larger as the chest measurement is smaller as the 641HH, but other jacket measurements are as the 141. For the style 141 you need to order your actual chest size as this is an updated fit.

If you need help in sizing you can contact out customer service, under our "Contact" option button on top of page. If you send them your measuremnts in an email they can help you if you are unsure. gail

dforman on 11/20/12 at 01:14 PM

I just received my new 644 and it is truly the most spectacular and functional piece of clothing I've ever seen. I ordered the 644 rather than the 141 because it has a slimmer cut and I like the way it contours to my body. I did not order one size up and I'm glad I didn't. The fit is perfect--snug, but not tight. I agree with slimjim, unless you're a stout guy in general, order true to your chest size.

JohnS on 11/26/12 at 12:34 PM

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that posted.  I decided to go with the 141  because I really wanted it in Brown.  I ordered a size down and it fits perfect.   The color is very dark and rich and the leather is super soft.  I've only had it on a couple times, but I can tell people are checking it out.  Looks great on the bike too!  I'm looking forward to many years and miles on the road with this great jacket.